The Marketing Manager is a key position for Chattanooga Football Club. The role is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of the club’s marketing strategy, including brand identity and awareness, digital marketing platforms, advertising campaigns and new ideas to elevate the club’s sponsorships, partnerships and ticket sales, and will report to the Vice President of Operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing marketing plans aligned with the club's objectives and target audience. Set goals, identify target markets, and determine appropriate marketing channels.
- Manage and strengthen the club's brand identity and reputation. Ensure brand consistency across all areas.
- Plan and implement advertising campaigns, both traditional and digital, to raise awareness and attract fans to matches. This includes media buying, creating compelling content, and tracking campaign performance.
- Develop strategies and manage merchandise sales through e-commerce, as well as onsite at games and events.
- Identify and cultivate sponsorship opportunities with corporate partners and local businesses. Negotiate and manage sponsorship agreements to maximize revenue and brand exposure.
- Oversee the club's digital presence and leverage social media platforms to engage with fans, provide updates, and promote ticket sales and merchandise. Manage the club's website, email marketing, and online advertising.
- Develop initiatives to enhance fan engagement and loyalty. This may involve organizing fan events, competitions, fan clubs, and fan feedback mechanisms to ensure a positive fan experience.
- Conduct market research and analyze data to understand fan preferences, market trends, and competitors. This information will drive marketing strategies and enable targeted campaigns.
- Develop and provide detailed data on results of marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Collaborate with the PR team to manage media relations, handle crisis communication, and generate positive media coverage. Build relationships with journalists and influencers to secure media opportunities.
- Plan and manage the marketing budget, ensuring resources are allocated effectively to achieve desired outcomes and monitor ROI of marketing activities.
- Leading and managing a marketing team, providing guidance, feedback, and support to ensure the successful execution of marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with departments including ticket sales, corporate partnerships, community relations, and communications to test and deliver new solutions to market.
- Assist other staff members as requested and needed to meet organization’s goals.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing field.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful marketing/sponsorship experience with a major league professional sports team or high-profile entertainment entity.
- Experience formulating marketing plans and promotions from development to execution.
- Experience working with and managing outside digital marketing agencies.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Experience with Google Suite.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work extended hours including games and events in the evening and on weekends.
- Must be motivated, reliable, and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be accurate and efficient with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a sales environment and having basic negotiation discussions.
- Demonstrated success leveraging technology to achieve marketing goals.
- Excellent project management skills and comfortable in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience working and communicating with executive level colleagues.
- Strong understanding of brand strategy fundamentals.
Interested candidates are to email resumes/CV to Rhonda@bench-builders.com.