Because of the limited parking space around Wicks Family Field at Joe Davis Stadium, tailgating is permitted only directly behind a patron’s vehicle and is subject to Wicks Family Field at Joe Davis Stadium rules. Management reserves the right to limit or restrict tailgating.
The following tailgating guidelines apply for all events:
- Do not block parking access.
- Use bins and trash receptacles.
- Vehicles may not obstruct the roadway.
- Patrons may use televisions, radios, and other music-playing devices in and directly behind the parking space in which the patron’s vehicle is parked, at a reasonable volume, so long as they do not interfere with any other fan’s enjoyment of the tailgating or event experience.
- Only Gas grills are permitted. Charcoal grills are prohibited.
- Grilling is only permitted in paved lots. No grilling should take place in grass lots.
- Per City of Huntsville ordinances, no alcohol may be consumed in the parking lot of Wicks Family Field at Joe Davis Stadium.
Gas Grill Safety Rules:
- Type: Portable grills only
- Surface: Set your grill on a level fireproof surface within your designated parking area. Grilling is only permitted on paved lots.
- Location: Always use your grill at a safe distance from motor vehicles, tailgating fans, flammable and combustible materials.
- Setup: Set up your grill in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Open the Lid: Before turning on the gas and lighting the grill, always open the lid to prevent an explosion from gas build-up.
- Gas: Check for gas leaks. If you detect a leak, immediately turn off the gas and do not attempt to light until leak is fixed.
- Ignition: If a burner does not ignite or a burner goes out during operation, turn off gas and wait five minutes before trying to light.
- Gas Supply Valve: Always shut off or close valve when cooking is complete or when grill is not in use.
- Children: Do not leave a hot grill unattended and keep children away at all times.
- Trash: Please dispose of trash in proper receptacles.
- Entries: Do not block.
- Fire Protection: Keep an approved fire extinguisher accessible.